Posted October 18, 2022 by
The Vancouver Musicians’ Association, Local 145 of the American Federation of Musicians is the largest Musicians’ Association in Western Canada representing and advocating, for over 121 years, the interests of professional musicians employed throughout mainland British Columbia. Our 1500 plus member musicians are hired under freelance contracts and/or various collective agreements. We run an inhouse payroll service for our member musicians. We are seeking a skilled Operations Manager to join our small but mighty team.
Our ideal candidate:
- has a minimum of 3 years of solid experience in office and staff management
- has a minimum of 5 years of solid experience in collective agreement administration
- is at ease working with the public and is personable and professional
- is a motivated initiative-taker
- knowledgeable of the nonprofit performing arts and entertainment sectors
- has excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- has a positive and collaborative approach suited to an inclusive and welcoming environment
- can build productive relationships with staff, clients and VMA Executive Board
- has a passion for musicians’ and artists’ rights.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the President. They are required to manage, carry out and oversee numerous activities and projects simultaneously as well as contributing to VMA’s strategic direction by playing a key role in medium to long term planning and decision-making. Under the direction of the Board, this includes:
- establishing priorities for the VMA office team
- determining the allocation of financial and human resources
- setting work objectives and managing employee performance
- managing the day-today operations of the office
- overseeing communications and social media
- be an active member in musicians’ collective agreement negotiations
- provide expert interpretation of the various VMA collective agreements
- represent the VMA and act as liaison to arts service, music industry, labour, employer and government organizations and committees
Annual salary starting $63,700. A comprehensive benefits package will be offered upon end of successful probation.
To apply please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity, and request any accommodations be noted in cover letters to ensure reasonable preparations may be made.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We acknowledge our office is located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded Coast Salish Territory of the Musqueam, Squamish & Tsleil-Waututh First Nations